Welcome to Natural Resources Wales's Corporate Plan. The plan sets out what we intend to achieve over the three-year period from 2014 to 2017 and forms the basis of the Business Plans that we publish every year.
Indicators and Trends
The Corporate Plan contains a set of indicators which show broad environmental trends in Wales. These help to set out the context in which we work.
Working for a Good Environment
We want Wales to be a place where our air, land and water are managed sustainably, using Good Knowledge to achieve a Good Environment that will be Good for People and Good for Business. We will help to achieve this by ensuring that Natural Resources Wales is a Good Organisation.
Good For Themes
The Corporate plan sets out our work across five ‘Good’ Themes.
These are as follows:
- Good Knowledge - good information helps us to make good decisions
- Good for the Environment - to ensure that our ecosystems are resilient, that our wildlife and landscape are enhanced and that our natural resources are carefully managed
- Good for People – to ensure that people are safe, that they are able to benefit from and enjoy our natural resources and they understand the relevance of these resources to our day-to-day lives
- Good for Business – Natural Resources Wales aims to make Wales a ‘location of choice’ for business and enterprise and a place where best practice environmental management is adopted and encouraged
- Good Organisation – to make Natural Resources Wales the best organisation it can possibly be
Working with the Welsh Government
The Corporate Plan also includes information on our purpose, our finances and our workforce.
It describes how we work with the Welsh Government and how we report on our work in our Annual Report.
Incorporating recent changes
Changes in Wales that affect our work and which have occurred since the publication of the Corporate Plan are shown in our annual Business Plans. This enables us to stay up to date with what is happening in Wales.
Our next corporate plan will be published in 2017 and will cover the five-year period from 2017 to 2022. This is to ensure that Plans follow elections promptly and that they reflect the programme for government produced by the Welsh Government.