Contracts sold via E-Timber Sales comprise of
- Standard Purchase of Standing Trees by Weight (tonnage)
- Lot Summary and Standing Sale Particulars, which summarise coupe details, contract period and mensuration data
- Site Specific Conditions
- Location, constraint, operation and road maps
Retained Timber Element
Wales Harvesting and Marketing (WHaM) may offer a Retained Timber Element (RTE) on standing sale contracts to help market production of low-grade timber and promote less commercially viable sites. Where an RTE tonnage is agreed, the value is equated into the working cost per tonne.
Short-term hardwood contracts are offered via E-Timber Sales.
Contracts sold via e-Timber Sales comprise of
- Standard Purchase of Sawlogs by Volume (Log and bar)
- Standard Purchase of Small Round Wood (Posts, stakes and rails)
- Lot Summary, which summarises contract period, location and product specification
- Each lot will have a location map
Roadside sales of small round wood termed as chipwood, pulpwood and woodfuel, are offered via E-Sales.
Customers can apply conditions to bids on e-Sale lots. These conditions will be considered during the award phase.
Natural Resources Wales is committed to tackling the spread of Phytophthora ramorum in Wales. We have already felled a large volume of infected larch stands and will continue to do so where new infection is confirmed. Where infected lots are advertised for sale they will be marked in the sales catalogue as Phytophthora coupes and appropriate actions taken by the buyer.
For information on Phytophthora ramorum, please visit our tree health pages. Please make sure you are familiar with biosecurity protocols when visiting sites infected with Phytophthora ramorum. NRW has signed up to the principles laid out in the biosecurity protocols.