- before it is collected, disposed of or recovered
- to identify the controls that apply to the movement of the waste
- to complete waste documents and records
- to identify suitably authorised waste management options
- to prevent harm to people and the environment
You should use this guidance if you produce, manage or regulate waste. When completing waste documentation the waste must be classified using a code It will help you select the correct code for the waste and in particular decide whether the waste is hazardous or non-hazardous.
WM3 v1.1 should be used from the 5 July 2018 , this revision has an updated method of assessing the hazardous property HP14 Ecotoxicity together with minor amendments to other sections