Apply for a permit to discharge water from a heat exchanger into surface water

Update: 31/03/2023 


Our permitting charges will remain at 2022-2023 rates until any new charging schemes are agreed.  


See details of the proposed charges we intend to implement for 2023-2024, subject to Ministerial approval. 

To apply for an Environmental Permit to discharge water from a heat exchanger into surface water, download and complete application form A, B1 and F2 below.

If you need advice before you make an application for a permit please use our pre-application advice service

Part A

Application form Part A - About you

Guidance notes Part A - How to complete Part A of our application form

Part B

Application Form Part B1 - Apply for a standard facilities permit

Guidance notes Part B1 - How to complete Part B1 of our application form

Part F

All applicants must fill in either part F2. If you are applying for an installation, waste operation, mining waste operation or groundwater activity, for example spreading to land, fill in Part F1. If you are applying for a standalone point source water discharge fill in Part F2.

Application Form Part F2 - Charging for discharges (C for D) charges and declarations

Guidance notes Part F2 - How to complete Part F2 of our application form

How to pay

You can pay for your permit application in the following ways:

Call us on 0300 065 3000 between 9 and 5, Monday to Friday.


by BACS transfer to: 

Company name: Natural Resources Wales
Company address: Income Department, PO Box 663, Cardiff, CF24 0TP
Bank: RBS
Address: National Westminster Bank Plc., 2 1/2 Devonshire Square, London, EC2M 4BA
Sort code: 60-70-80
Account number: 10014438

Fees and charges

Read more about fees and charges in our environmental permitting charging scheme.

Please send your completed application form to:


Related document downloads

Standard rules SR2010No2 Discharge to surface water cooling water and heat exchangers PDF [295.4 KB]
Last updated