Update: 31/03/2023 


Our permitting charges will remain at 2022-2023 rates until any new charging schemes are agreed.  


See details of the proposed charges we intend to implement for 2023-2024, subject to Ministerial approval. 

An environmental permit is location specific (unless it is for a mobile plant). This means that if you sell your house or premises you can’t take your permit with you and continue the permitted activity at your new location. You will need to transfer your permit to the new owners.

You can transfer all or part of your permit to another person. Below are the application forms and the guidance notes you will need to do this.

Look at our How to apply for an environmental permit page before you apply, for up-to-date information on the application process.

Application forms

When opening the forms, you may need to click 'View, Edit document' or 'Enable content'. Look at our How to apply for an environmental permit page for more information on using our application forms.

Part A

Application form Part A - About you

Guidance notes Part A - How to complete Part A of our application form

Part D

Application form Part D1 - Transfer standalone water discharge and groundwater activities

Guidance notes Part D1 - How to complete Part D1 of our application form

Please send your completed application form to:


Permit Receipt Centre
Natural Resources Wales
29 Newport Road
Cambria House
CF24 0TP

Last updated